Sadly, I buy into it. I’m guilty of using my little fingers to scroll down Facebook and get lost in the shuffle.
How do I make more space for silence in this noisy world? This has been tugging at me for a couple weeks now. I want to make more room for the Holy Spirit. But I can’t make room when I open myself up to receive so many conflicting messages.
On today’s episode, I share a couple of thoughts on this issue. I’ll be doing a series, so this is just the introduction. If you struggle to keep silent, please leave your comments below and share it with me.
Following are the key points and verses used in today’s episode:
1. Let us listen vs. speaking foolishly.
- Proverbs 18:13 – If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame. (ESV)
2. Silence is still more intelligent than speaking out of line.
- Proverbs 17:28 – Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent. (ESV)
3. There’s no need to fight back to defend yourself. The Lord fights for you.
- Exodus 14:14 – The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. (ESV)
It’s great to learn new content, but growth is experienced through engagement. At the end of each episode I ask a question in the hopes that we start a conversation. Here’s today’s question:
- What areas in your life need more space and silence?
Share your thoughts below.
Remember, you’ve got a fire within. Fan the flame, shine bright and live fearlessly. For God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7